Tuesday 20 August 2013

House Panthers Deserve Love and a Home !


Georgia: Do you know what? I am a Tortie.
Many people like me because of my colourful furs.
I also have a nice purrsonality.
I am considered "adoptable"
I am already adopted  though !!

 .
JJ: I am a Tabby. You can tell by the "M" on my head.
I have long furs and I am very friendly.
I am also considered "adoptable".
I am already adopted though.


Julie: I am a black cat or House Panther.
I have very shiny black furs.
I love to play and am very friendly. Mom loves me lots!
I am not considered "adoptable"
People associate black cats with "bad" things I guess,
so many black cats at shelters get overlooked
That is very sad.
That is discrimination!


Tillie: I am also a black cat and my furs are silky soft.
I love Mom and give her lots of meeps and purrs.
Mom gives me belly rubs and scritches!
I am also not considered "adoptable"
Just because of my fur colour!
I am more than a colour!! I am friendly,playful
and my furs will go with any decor!!!

The reason we are saying these things is that we know
 two sweet kitties that have black fur and had to watch 
other kitties that did NOT have black fur get
adopted! They were ignored.


Would you like to meet these kitties?
Of course you do!!
They are Beau and Dallas.
You can see them at House Panthers.

Thank You!

15 comments:

Ivan from WMD said...

OMC, that just breaks my mom's heart. Those two are so cute, too! I really hope they find a home soon, but I know the anti-black cat thing is a problem in lots of places, including here. Some people are so ignorant!

Sparkle said...

My human has always judged cats by their personality - and she knows for a fact that black kitties have great personalities! She can't see why other humans don't feel the same way.

rinrinflu said...

LOVELY BLOG!! we follow you! so pretty cat :)

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Why is it so difficult for some humans to look at personality rather than color when adopting?

Team Tabby said...

What you say Tillie and Julie is so true, sadly, but we happen to think black cats are beautiful just like the two of you are.

Mindy
Moe
Cookie
Mike

Sushi said...

Black kitties are not so acceptable here too. But i do hope those two cuties find their forever home soon. Tillie and julie are beautiful.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

julie N tille...peepulz can bee az stooooooooooopid N even stooooooooooopider N burdz....

we haza said it bee fore n will sy it again...de werld wood be a far better place if everee one wuz...color blind....

may St Francis leed beau & dallas two ther new for evers home...yet thiz month ~~~

Brian's Home Blog said...

Black cats are wonderful, those other idiots are not!

catsynth said...

It breaks our hearts to see adorable and loving black cats like Beau and Dallas passed over for adoption simply because of their fur color. We hope they do find homes soon, and we will of course continue to celebrate and promote black cats!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Black cats are beautiful as are all colours of cats. A black cat is considered to bring good luck in the UK.

Fuzzy Tales said...

It's silly that black cats still mean bad luck to so many in our country, and in the US too, when in other parts of the world black cats mean good luck.

Who cares what colour our fur is? As long as we have a good connection with the humans who adopt us, it doesn't matter what we look like!

Colehaus Cats said...

Thank you for reminding everyone. Silly connotations that make our mom and dad mad! Black cats are the best! Purrs...

meowmeowmans said...

That's a great reminder, dear friends! We love black kitties here, and celebrate them each and every day! :)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

great post with a wonderful message!

Katie Isabella said...

That always hurts momma so badly when that happens. Momma used to have black kitties and she loved them so much. xoxoxox