Monday 3 July 2017

Mancat Monday with JJ



JJ: Hi there friends. I am doing a post today.
Mum thought it would be a good idea as 
Friday is my Gotcha Day.
Actually, it is all of our Gotcha Days.
However, this Gotcha Day is a special one for me.
We will be celebrating my 20th year !

Mum adopted me in 2007. I was adopted with my 
late brother Treasure and  a sister called Tiger.
We did not appear on the blog at first, but then
mum decided that the blog would be more interesting
with a lot of cats.


Because I was adopted before mum got me, my records are 
not very complete.
The one record  mum did find shows I was around in 1997!
For that reason, we decided I should have my own post.
It is not every day that a cat gets to be 20 years old!

Oh...mum could  you please move this stuff out of my way?


There that's better.
At my annual check up, the Vet was very pleased with me.
I had gained weight,which is good for older cats, and have
been able to keep muscle loss to a minimum. That is
another problem with older cats.
I am able to jump small distances. I jumped on this table!
I do sleep a lot, but then most cats do, hahaha.


My hearing is not the best and mum says I have that
"old cat yowl". Gee! I just like to sing.


The only medication I take is a pill a day for my Thyroid and
a little Aventi for kidney support.
My appetite is very good too.
The only bad thing we can think of is that it is harder for me to 
groom all my floof.
Mum tries to help me with that , but I am not to crazy about that.
It is a constant battle.
All in all, I am a happy cat and enjoy life.
I also enjoy sunshine on my old furs and a cozy sleeping  spot.


I also like company and often get some from Julie.
She is a cute little girl and likes to be around me.
I also like snoozing with Georgia.
I am very easy going. Mum calls me the Groover.
Hey, life is groovy after all !


These pics are from a sunny day.
This past weekend was not sunny.
We had a lot of rain.
It stopped Sunday around lunchtime so I went out  yo
the porch. Julie was there.

To see what she thought about the weekend,
pop over to   House Panthers !



18 comments:

Summer said...

Wow, JJ, 20 is a HUGE milestone for a cat! Paws up for being so healthy too! My human hasn't yet had a cat live to be 20... although Binga and Boodie show no signs of slowing down all that much! Boodie needs more grooming, but at least she likes it.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

20! 20? 20... We are amazed. We will be there fer the celebration!

Katie Isabella said...

JJ! 20? I am IMPRESSED! And you are handsome=. Very handsome. I love seeing you when you are in the blog. Treasure was handsome too and I miss him still. But I have you and the girls to love.

Dma said...

Happy two oh! Wow, you look great.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day JJ! At 20 you are still rockin' it!

Mr Puddy said...

Happy Gotcha Day ! And 20 th years !!!!! That's Magic ! And you forever darling, Miss !
Love you 💕🐾

Deb Montague said...

Happy happy Gotcha Day, JJ. You look amazing!

--Mija, Pilchard and Hamlet

Eastside Cats said...

JJ, a very Happy Gotcha Day...and 20! Wow, good for you, you handsome mancat. "Grooving...on a Sunday afternoon..."

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz....in case ya due knot post again on fry day, happee gotcha day all a round N JJ heerz two a total lee awesum lee soooper grate birthday N we hope ya haz 20 mor dood !!! make sure ya due sum thin spesh ull, like ordered in 20 perch pizza piez :) hope yur day rocks N heerz two a yeer a head filled with happee nezz & health ~~~~~~ ☺☺
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day and 20th birthday for Friday, JJ. You are looking great!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You are amazing, JJ! I hope your week is absolutely purrfect in every way!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

YAY JJ!!! Not only are you incredibly good looking...exquisite, but 20 years???!! Wow!! Happy Early Gotcha Day!!! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

Ivan from WMD said...

JJ, we congratulate you! Twenty is just huge! We're glad you're getting along very well--we can tell your mom takes very good care of you.

pilch92 said...

WOW! 20 years is amazing! I am glad you are still feeling well and don't require much for meds. You look wonderful too. Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day on Friday- you need to celebrate this all month.XO

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Wow! Twenty!!! Concatulations, JJ! That is furbulous!

Happy Early Gotcha Day!

Tamago said...

Happy Gotcha day, JJ! Wow, 20 is a really big number. It's wonderful you are in good shape for a 20 year old kitty! You are so adorable in the basket :-)

When the Cat is Away said...

Wow!! We read your post twice because we thought that we misunderstood something. 20 years!!! And of course your blog needs you - how could the silly human think about not including you in the first place? Bah. ;)

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, JJ! 20 gotcha days? You are an amazing cat, and we are happy you are our buddy. Keep on keeping on, and happy gotcha day to you and the crew!