Monday 6 May 2019

Monday Musings with Julie



Julie: Hello friends and how was your weekend?
Mine was pretty good.Saturday was cloudy and drizzly.
It was a good day for napping. That's what we all did.
Good thing too as mum was away all day. 
Her Aunt was celebrating her 90th birthday and mum went
to  her party with her sister.

  

Though her health is not the best, she loved having
so many people celebrate this amazing milestone.


Sunday was sunny! It is so nice to have those warm
sunbeams on my furs!


Georgia:
I agree Julie.Sunshine is pawsome and so re brushings.
Mum have me a good brushing session.
I really loved it too.


 It's like having a big scratch and you feel so good
afterwards. You look pretty good too!


JJ: I got a brush too, but I don't like it as much.
My furs tend to get into matts. When mum does not 
do the brushings every day, the matts appear.
I will be having my annual check up this Thursday.
Maybe they will help with some of the matts.
We will get a better update on my health too
While I am slowing down and sleep a lot, my appetite
is pretty good.My sight is not and sometimes I am unsteady.
All in all, I am still pretty happy.


On Saturday morning, mum was able to get a picture
of Mr Groundhog. He is very nervous and takes off
in a flash if he thinks he hears a noise.


We all hope you have a good week!

17 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Happy birthday to your Mum's Aunt. Wow, 90 years is super special, and it is nice that so many people helped her celebrate.

Julie, JJ and Georgia, we are glad you (and Mr. Groundhog) got some sun today!

XO

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy 90th birthday to your mum's aunt!
We also had sun at the weekend but it was bitterly cold and more like February temperatures instead of May.

Kea said...

Happy birthday to your mum's Aunt!

We're glad you all had a good weekend, and we'll keep our paws crossed that all goes well for JJ's vet visit.

Take care, have a great week!

Dma said...

sounds like you all had a nice weekend...

Brian's Home Blog said...

You all look great and so does your Aunt, Happy Birthday from all of us. You look terrific JJ, keep doing good pal.

Summer said...

I hope your vet visit goes well, JJ!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Your Mom's Aunt looks great for her 90th birthday! WE are so glad you all had such a terrific weekend. Hope your Vet visit goes well this week!

The Swiss Cats said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum's Auntie ! We're glad you had a nice weekend ! Purrs

da tabbies o trout towne said...

GUYZ...HAPPEE BEE LATED 90 TWO YUR AUNT....DE FOOD SERVIZZ GURL SAYZ WE COULD ALL HOPE TWO LOOK AZ GOOD !!! WE HOPE HER DAY ROCKED :) ☺☺♥♥ HAPPEE WEEK A HEAD TWO ALL ~~

Eastside Cats said...

JJ, here's hoping the vet gives you an A+ grade on your health this Thursday! My mom just turned 87...then fell and dislocated her shoulder. We are keeping a close eye on her, you'd best believe. And, ya know, I knew that you were in Nova Scotia, but I plum forgot! Weird that we have the same weather! I just finished a book that takes place in Canada, called "Etta & Otto & Russell & James" and it was very good. I read another series that takes place in Canada, but it's sorts violent. I usually don't like violence, but somehow these stories have drawn me in, maybe 'cause a woman is the main character and she is bad *ss! Like all other Canadian women that I know!

pilch92 said...

You all look great. Happy 90th birthday to your mum's aunt! XO

Katie Isabella said...

Happy belated birthday to your dear Aunt. She looks wonderful. JJ...you keep on keeping on...I about have half a crush on you, you handsome dude you.

Julie...you gleam like a new coin. Georgia, you know my mom is crazy about Torties. XXX

Ivan from WMD said...

Ninety is quite the milestone! Happy birthday to your mum's aunt!

JJ, here we *all* sleep a lot!! Hope your vet visit goes well.

catladymac said...

Happy Purrthday to your Mom's aunt - and purrayers for JJ no his checkup.

The Island Cats said...

Happy Birthday to your mom’s aunt. Reaching 90 is great! And we sure hope JJ gets a good report from the vet.

Tamago said...

Happy 90th birthday to your mum's aunt! She looks beautiful and happy celebrating the special day!
JJ, I hope your annual check up will go well this week. xo

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Your aunt does not look 90 at all! Lovely lady.