Friday 30 August 2019

Hope for Wildlife and Long Weekend!


Julie: On Monday, we mentioned that mum went to
an open house at Hope for Wildlife in Seaforth,
Nova Scotia.
Today I am sharing some pictures  on her visit.


The view on the way. There is a pond near the road before
you get to the compound.


Some of the critters mum saw.
Three baby raccoons(approx 6 weeks old)


One of 3 baby squirrels


Baby bird in rehab.


A parrot that outlived his owner.


Female peacock.


Pine marten


Skunk


This impressive and young(8 weeks) bird 
with her Dad


Not sure I want to try to catch this bird!


Across the street from the compound is the 
Atlantic Ocean.
It really is located in a beautiful spot.
We are thankful that there is a place for critters to go
to when they need help.


Now that Friday is here, we are excited as this is
the Labour Day Weekend!
That means an extra mum day!!!!
Are we excited? YES!!!
And we will have FUN!!!!!!!!!
We purr you do too!

18 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

Happy Labour Day!

Summer said...

Wow, so many awesome critters! Happy Labour Day!

Kea said...

I've seen a lot of the episodes on TV, but they're older, I think the most recent I've ever seen was from 2016. Not sure she still does it. I'm thankful for this rescue centre, it's amazing. My mom visited at the beginning of August, lucky her!

You all take care and have a fabulous long weekend! Happy Labour Day!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That really was a bunch of cool critters to see and I'm very happy they are getting the attention they need and deserve!

Tamago said...

Looks like such a beautiful place and the critters are all so adorable! I've never seen pine marten before. I'm grateful they are getting help and care. Thank you for sharing.
Have a lovely weekend! xo

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Lovely photos of all those animals.
Happy Labour Day Weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

Haven't seen a pine marten up close and purrsonal like that! Lots of folks don't realize how long parrots and other birds live; they need to put them in their will, or make up a trust so the bird has a good home to go to. We know; our relatives have a green parrot.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz....thatz a nice re hab place N how kewl itz sew close ta de ocean !!! :) we haza long week oh end heer two ~~~ N joy :) ☺☺♥♥

Furries said...

It must have been fun to see all those wildlife critters.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That must've been such a fun visit!

Katie Isabella said...

These were a joy to see and I love that they have a wonderful place to be.

The Island Cats said...

We need more places like Hope for Wildlife. :) Have a great weekend!

Ivan from WMD said...

What a wonderful place. We love the little babies--they all look like they'd make great playmates! ;-) Have a great 3 day weekend and Happy Labour Day!

pilch92 said...

Great photos. The baby squirrel is so cute. Have a nice weekend! XO

Katie Isabella said...

I'm glad I came back...I wanted to see the Martin again. My comment did not take yesterday. I had mentioned that I love wildlife of all kinds and that I really enjoyed these pictures and I love that they are all safe. I wish I could have gone there too. Going to Canada is on my bucket list. Tere are several places I hope to see.

World of Animals, Inc said...

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!! What amazing photos of all the animals your mom got to see. What a wonderful place to visit. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. Have a fun and long weekend.
World of Animals

meowmeowmans said...

Wowee! Your Mum got to see some pretty special and spectacular wildlife. Hugs to you all. Hope you're all enjoying your Labour Day weekend time with Mum. XO

Dma said...

Cool variety... love the pine marten.